Saturday, October 16, 2010

"A Child's Footprint" Dedicated to all parents-Written by Marleny Abreu

"A Child's Footprint"

I anxiously wait 9 months for your arrival
I see a miracle for whom God's gift is entitled
I see the movements of you’re existence
Your head, your hands and your feet
I see myself falling in love

The day arrives
I feel the pain
Every force is used to push you into to this world and
finally I see my creation

I hear your cries
Now I understand love at first sight
You are the bundle of joy that owns my heart and soul
Your presence in this world makes me weak in my knees
I lay next to you, dream with you, dream of the person you will be

I hear the pitter patter of your little feet
I hear your voice calling for me
Your smile takes the air out of me

Everyday I work to provide for you with the hope
To give you the stars, the sky and the moon
The sight of you is my motivation to work harder for you

Every night I look forward to having you fall asleep in my arms
Every night I pray for no harm to come your way
I wish you can stay this little and forever stay this way

I know that one day you will grow up and leave my side
All I wish is for you to take the best part of me and
become better then me

Definitions:

1. Anxiously- (adjective) greatly worried.

2. Motivation- (noun) something that motivates.

3. World- (noun) the earth or globe, considered as a planet.

4. Leave- (verb) to go out of or away from, as a place: to leave the house.

5. Miracle- (noun) considered as a work of god.

6. Sight- (noun) To see.

Practice Using the words above place the words below where it best fits the sentence.

1. My ______ gets worse every day.

2. It must be a __________ that you are alive today.

3. I want to____________ now!

4. This _______ would be better if everyone would put their part in helping.

5. I have to keep my ______________ in order for me to succeed.

6. I am ________________ waiting for the arrival of the baby.


Grammar Point:
There are many phrases or words in the English language that can mean more then one meaning. Can you find at least five throughout the poem?

5 comments:

  1. That was so beautiful! I have chills. What a lovely poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW! I didn't think you were so deep. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! You should share this with Professor Novack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments. I will email Professor Novack to see what she says :)

    ReplyDelete