Monday, November 8, 2010

"My reason" By Marleny Abreu

I’ve met so many people in my life

some left imprints, some left scars

They say some people come in your life

for a season, for a reason, or for a lifetime

I don’t know what yours will be…

finally I got to meet what I’ve been longing to see

To taste the laughter’s, the happiness, and the tears

Never thought such natural intuition between two souls existed

Every word is right, every feeling is ecstasy

Your lips soft and passionate

Your hands manly and gentle

Your smile genuine and natural

Finally I got to feel and to see love like this exist

read through these lines you will see

my reflection smiling with gratitude and bliss

Remembering the moments that we shared with delight

I’ve met so many people in my life

Some were good and some were bad

I may never know what your purpose will be, but for now

Thank you for being my reason

to keep believing in love like thee.


Definitions:

1. Imprints-(Noun) a mark or figure impressed or printed on something.

2. Intuition- (Noun) quick insight.

3. Ecstasy- (Noun) an overpowering emotion.

4. Gratitude- (Noun) feeling of being grateful or thankful.

5. Bliss- (Noun) supreme happiness.

6. Delight- (Noun) a high degree of pleasure or enjoyment.


Practice:

1. My dog that his________ in the sand.

2. Sometimes it better to listen to your_______________.

3. An overpowering feeling is also known as____________.

4. There are people who feel no _____________ when people do them a favor.

5. I am at ____________ when I am with my family.

6. I was ____________d when I saw Melissa after seven years.


Grammar point:

Verbs are any member of a class of words that are formally distinguished in many languages, as in English by taking the past ending in -ed, that function as the main elements of predicates, that typically express action, state, or a relation between two things, and that (when inflected) may be inflected for tense, aspect, voice, mood, and to show agreement with their subject or object.

Look over the Poem and write down 5 verbs you find in the poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment